Teddy Huddlestun

Teddy Huddlestun

You might think that being a shutdown goalie for the Lake Forest Hockey team would be a pressure-packed and nerve-racking experience. But not for sophomore Teddy Huddlestun.

“Teddy is the best goalie Lake Forest hockey has ever had, and he’s only a sophomore,” senior Charlie Drake said. “His ceiling is sky high, and he has the potential to bring our team to State.”

This sort of high praise could inflate someone’s ego. However, Huddlestun stays grounded and elevates his teammates , said senior Mikey Turinsky.

“ Ted is the definition of a great leader and teammate. And, of course most importantly, gets the boys riled up.” The Scouts are undefeated with him in the net.

Teammates gush about his unrelenting energy and laser focus.

“Teddy always brings the energy to the game. On game days, he is locked in right after school. No matter if we are winning or losing, Teddy fires up the boys and always makes sure to pick us up if we mess up on a shift,” junior said Mark Cervieri said.

He doesn’t dwell on teammate mistakes that might leave him vulnerable in the goal, but instead focuses on lifting them up. This leadership has every person on the ice willing to put their body on the line for the sophomore.

“Teddy is a competitive type of guy. No matter if it’s on the course or playing video games, he gets after it,” sophomore James Drake said. “Even if we’re only playing for a couple of dollars, he is locked in.”

It’s easy to see how his personality translates into his performance behind the net. Teddy is super personable and does his best to make others feel comfortable and appreciated. “Teddy has a great heart and is friends with everyone. Teddy is so caring and goes out of his way to make others feel good,” said his sister senior Sophie Huddlestun.

With most of the fall and all of the winter season ahead of them, the Scouts have plenty more time to gel before a deep run in the state playoffs. In no small part to Huddlestun, “Teddy is the face of the program, and all of the boys can back that up,” said Cervieri.

The Forest Scout • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$500
$800