Ms. Koroleff

Ms. Koroleff

Entering my freshman year of high school in 2017,  Ms. Koroleff and I were in the same boat; it was our first day at LFHS. 

Teaching a class of freshmen is more difficult than it sounds. Luckily, Koroleff’s outgoing and bubbly personality were implemented into her assignments from Day 1 when she introduced a “Get to Know You” slideshow. This year, that project was more essential than ever before. She doesn’t just teach her students but truly tries to get to know them.

“It is such a pleasure to work with Miss Koroleff every day.  She and I have been teaching together for three years now. Truly, a day doesn’t go by that we don’t share a laugh and enjoy our time together with our students.  I’m sure her students see her as I do; she is kind, caring, flexible, and honest,” said co-teacher Mrs. Jones. 

Her love of literature isn’t just shown in the classroom, but also at home in the form of mammals, with her two cats Romeo and Juliet. If you’re a Michigan fan, you’ll join the rivalry she has with her younger brother, who is a University of Michigan graduate. Miss Koroleff uses what she learned in earning both an  undergraduate degree and her master’s degree at rival Michigan State to create a unique and diverse curriculum. 

“I think Miss Koroleff is one of the most caring, compassionate, and encouraging teachers. She would always help me when I was struggling and support me when I was succeeding. Then, when I was a TA my junior year for her, she was so kind and would always start conversations with me before class, and we would work to support the class and the students,” said senior Lauren Fabbri.

She is getting married this summer, so if you see Melissa Halkias on your schedule next year next to your English class, you’re still in luck!  

The Forest Scout • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$500
$800