Dr. Matt Dewar

Dr. Matt Dewar

He’s an English teacher, meditation master, and philosopher all rolled into one. 

Dr. Matt Dewar, a Lake Forest Academy graduate, teaches both English and Humanities, but he also known around the school for teaching mindfulness meditation. Dr. Dewar is passionate about his job and is without a doubt a favorite here. 

Being in one of Dr. Dewar’s classes is a privilege. Everyday, no matter the time, place, or time of year, Dr. Dewar is ready to conquer his next challenge. Classes led by him are full of deep discussions that have you leaving the classroom feeling like a philosopher. 

“You can tell he’s a teacher that legitimately cares about his students’ mental health and adjusts his class accordingly,” said senior Zach Porter.

He demonstrates his concern for students through his mindfulness meditation, which teaches students to be in the present moment. This can help students get through stressful days, which is particularly helpful during a particularly challenging year. 

He makes the year fly by with alluring subject matter and plenty of laughs. 

“My favorite part about his classes are his interesting personal anecdotes and stories from his childhood and time in high school,” says former student of his Grant Salanty. “My favorite day of the year was when Dr. Dewar sat on the floor and told his Halloween stories.” 

The Forest Scout • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$500
$800