Mrs. Jane Eccleston

Mrs. Jane Eccleston

Because of an unforeseen production issue this week, we are rerunning this Friday Five, originally published Dec. 21, 2018.

Considered a hidden gem by many of her former students, English teacher Jane Eccleston is one of the greatest assets LFHS has to offer.

The Harvard graduate’s unrivaled wisdom and aptitude have allowed her to help students achieve their full potential in the classroom for the past 20 years.

“She encourages us to have meaningful discussions on the books we read and go further in depth. I always look forward to hearing the incredibly insightful things she has to say about the literature we’re reading. Ms. Eccleston’s temperament has made AP Lit one of my favorite classes,”graduate Claire Mahoney said.

More important, however, are Ms. Eccleston’s honest respect and understanding of each of her student’s needs.

“Students know they can trust her — she gives each and every one of her students attention and care that fosters creativity and self-assurance in their voices,” said her husband and fellow English teacher Mr. Ferges. The two have a 10-year-old daughter, Brin.

It doesn’t matter how hard you search, you’d be hard pressed to find a more nurturing and considerate teacher than Ms. Eccleston. Those who are fortunate enough to have had Ms. Eccleston can surely attest to the warm, and more than willing positivity she carries with her each day.

High school is a time when lots of kids are trying to find their niche, and there’s no doubt that Ms. Eccleston’s affectionate care has helped a multitude of students recognize and appreciate their own unique strengths. Through Ms. Eccleston, we see a perfect example of how to treat others with both empathy and authenticity.

The Forest Scout • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$500
$800