Sloane+Weisberg

Sloane Weisberg

The greatest qualities in a friend are quite possibly the simplest ones: loyalty, empathy, being a good listener, among others. Everyone strives to have these traits, or to find someone that embodies the ideal friend. No matter who you are, or what grade you are in, everyone can find a friend in sophomore Sloane Weisberg. 

Just about anyone who meets Sloane knows her kind-hearted and down to earth nature. After one conversation with the sophomore, no one can help but wish to become closer with her. For Sloane there are no such things as a bad first impression; no matter the circumstance she is consistently outgoing and welcoming to everyone she meets.

“Sloane has a really bubbly personality and always has a smile on her face. She is really good at giving advice and always knows the right thing to say,” said one of her close friends, Audra Flynn.

Outside of the high school, Sloane continues to spread her positive energy all the way to Chicago. Everyday  around 3 p.m., Sloane and a few other students make their way downtown to the North Side of Chicago near Wrigley Field to go to their rowing practice for the club team, Chicago Rowing Foundation.

Despite getting home late at night a few times a week, or the long, bumper-to-bumper drive to their boathouse in city traffic, Sloane livens up her carpool, which makes the drive less dreadful. “Sloane is someone who no matter where I see her always puts a smile on my face. Her laugh is contagious and I just love being around her,” says her fellow teammate and carpool companion, Whitney Dhamer.

As of this fall, Sloane is beginning her first season on varsity rowing after being a novice rower in the spring. Many of her teammates agree that Sloane is extremely mature for her age and is one of the most caring people they have ever met. On her first day back to practice from the fall, no one could help but welcome her back with open arms.

“Sloane is one of the most genuinely kind and friendly students I know. Even when she is having a bad day, you can always count on her for a smile,” her former English 1H teacher Mr. Wanninger said.

Sloane’s determination in school and athletics along with her compassion for her friends make her not only the ideal athlete or friend, but a model student at LFHS. Everyone should get the opportunity to talk to or get to know Sloane, because she will always welcome you with open arms.

The Forest Scout • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$240
$500