Alex+Clarke

Alex Clarke

There are few individuals who lead with such a good example, demonstrate such accomplishment and leadership qualities that they define an entire class. These students check off every box for what it means to be a Scout, with both academic and athletic success, but still find time to participate in Lake Forest’s many extracurricular activities.

Junior Alex Clarke is too busy pushing the boundary for involvement to spend time imitating others.

“Alex is both incredibly smart and talented while at the same time being humble,” junior Billy Gardner said. “He’s just fun to be around, and you always feel like you can just talk with him.”

Many of those who know Clarke share this opinion: what makes Clarke special is the overall balance and well-roundedness that he projects.

“He’s a very intelligent kid who loves to make conversation,” senior Ethan Kurian said, pointing out this same balance. Kurian sits next to Clarke in their Orchestra class, and has seen his commitment firsthand to yet another aspect of student life with the performance arts.

“He does the small things like asking how your day is going and asking for opinions on topics that spark conversation,” Kurian said. “All around great kid to be around and definitely a person you want to be around.”

When Clarke puts down the books and notebooks to participate as manager for the Varsity Lacrosse team, he continues to impact those around him. “He’s always a phonecall or snaptext away,” senior George Schoettle remarked, impressed with how down-to-earth and approachable Clarke is. Schoettle says he likes to think of Clarke as a close friend, and that Clarke is always there to pick him up when he’s down.

Smiling, Schoettle pointed out that Clarke always comes to him with something new, whether it’s a funny story or joke to make him feel better. Clarke has even gone so far as to give him health advice, telling him to steer away from any foods grown with pesticides. Schoettle says that Clarke has turned him into a self-proclaimed health nut, and that he now always makes sure to double check the ingredients and source of all the produce that he buys.

Whether it’s in the Orchestra room, in the classroom or on the Lacrosse field, few have quite as large an impact in so many areas of student life as Alex Clarke. His high school career has proven that the key to success is devotion not only to academics, athletics or the arts but a balance of many disciplines.

The Forest Scout • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$240
$500