New Dreamville Records Album

New Dreamville Records Album

Stephen Young

This past Sunday evening, the North Carolina rapper, J. Cole, made a rare appearance on social media as he announced the new Dreamville Records’ album, Revenge of the Dreamers III. The upcoming album will feature the entire Dreamville roster along with additional artists and producers. The album has been anticipated since Dreamville rapper, J.I.D, claimed that Dreamville was the superior record label in the rap business, and now they are here to prove it. With the anticipated release of the collaboration, smaller artists a part of the sound label hope to make a name for themselves with the help of the well known artists as part of Dreamville.

On January 28, 2014, the first Dreamville collaboration album was released, featuring the three original Dreamville artists: J. Cole, Bas, and Omen. A year later, volume two was released, Revenge of the Dreamers II, and it included three new Dreamville artists: Ari Lennox, Cozz, and Lute, in addition to the original three. Since then, two more artists have been added to the sound label, J.I.D and Earthgang, and both will be featured on the upcoming release.

Shortly after Cole took to social media to announce the album, 74 other artists and producers released a photograph of their invitation to help work on the project. In addition to the Dreamville artists, Ski Mask The Slump God, Vince Staples, Wale and more have received invitations to help work on the project. Alongside the variety of artists are countless producers, including Tay Keith, a dominant producer who has made beats for artists such as Travis Scott, Drake, and Eminem. Artists a part of the project have been keeping fans updated on social media by posting snippets of beats and songs, adding to the anticipation of the album. A specific release date has not yet been released for the album, however artists have been told production for the album takes place from January 6 through January 16.

Stephen Young, Author

Stephen Young is a Junior at Lake Forest High School who plays basketball and is an avid hip-hop fan. You can find his writing in the In Music and In Between...