This column was co-written by seniors Ashlynne Pomerich and Nicole Becker.
ABC’s The Bachelor is a show filled with drama, romance, comedy, and chaos. There’s one man with thirty contestants and out of the pool of women, the man will fall in love with one girl over time and propose to her on the final episode. On this season of The Bachelor, the bachelor is Nick Viall, one of the most controversial contestants of all time. He was on multiple seasons of The Bachelorette and failed to find love. Nick is unpredictable and does things his own way on the show and if something doesn’t feel right with a girl, he doesn’t hesitate to chop them out of his contestant pool. Some girls are chill, some are crazy, and some are out there looking for a cat fight. We’ve searched the halls of Lake Forest High School and we’ve found some look-alikes as well as people with similar personalities to contestants on The Bachelor.
Vanessa – Tyler Guttman
Danielle M – Emily Culitan
Raven – Hannah Bell
Christen – Emmy Raymond
Rachel – Bria Slobodnik
Taylor – Sydney Guest
Danielle L – Laura Pelucio
Ida – Taylor Rappeport
Nick – Reed Burke
Chris Harrison – Mr.Morehead
Alex (Dolphin girl) – Brittany Theo
When Alexis came on the show introducing herself to Nick in a dolphin suit, we definitely saw a little bit of Brittany Theo in her. Alexis is a funny, fun loving, and outgoing contestant on The Bachelor. She isn’t afraid to do her own thing and make an impression on Bachelor watchers along with the girls in the house. You can always count on Brittany to make you laugh and she isn’t afraid of what people think, either. Brittany is very “out there” and a hard person to forget, akin to Alexis.
Corinne – Jessica Zarek
Corinne, although at first a very controversial character, became many of The Bachelor viewers’ favorite character. Although maybe not quite as crazy, we saw many similarities between Corinne and Jessica Zarek on the show. Both are very ambitious people who know what they want and are bold in trying to get it.
The Bachelor Fun Facts
- All the contestants are real people, not actors
- There’s no workout equipment on the show
- They have to buy all their own clothing except for the finale dresses
- The contestants go through psychological tests before being accepted on the show
- The meals on the one-on-one dates are for display—not for eating.
- Most only spend up to 72 hours with the bachelor/bachelorette before the final rose ceremony.
- The bachelor/bachelorettes don’t choose the date activities, they only choose the person they go on that date with.
- They film about 8 hours of footage a day, jammed down into a two hour episode once a week.
- A family with small children lives in the mansion while the Bachelor/Bachelorette isn’t filming
- Each season takes only about 7 weeks to produce