If you know the Mannarinos, you know their obsession with their prince, Rocco. Rocco is, as you can see below, a very chubby pug. Although Rocco is only one (his birthday is May 1), pugs are an ancient breed. The pug lineage stretches so far back that early history on the breed is a little murky. Most believe that the breed originated in China, and Buddhist monks kept the dogs as pets in Tibetan monasteries. Who wouldn’t want a pet like Rocco in a monestary? Besides, of course, his occasional snorting. Pugs are excellent pets because of their adaptable personality. Whether you like to stay at home or enjoy the outdoors, the little dogs will be up for anything. Bred to be companions, their favorite place is right by your side. Rocco loves walks… and then gets tired after a few blocks (but has a great spirit the entire time).
Fun facts about Rocco and Pugs:
- He is 35 pounds.
- He loves to take random household items and make a bed out of them
- He is very clumsy. Once got pizza box stuck on his head
- A group of pugs is called a grumble
- The breed got its name from the term “monkeying around”
- Rocco is a terrible swimmer due to his short nose
- Rocco loves to sunbathe
- The german name for “pugs” is “mops”
- His favorite toys are a squeaky pizza and a plush pineapple
- He has an obsession with eating shoes and giving kisses
- He loves to itch his nose on people, corners, couches and shelves