If you know the Moores, or check VSCO periodically, you already know Ginger. Ginger is a six-year-old Yellow Lab. Her birthday is the December 17, basically a national holiday. Labs are originally bred from Newfoundlands. The term “Labrador” comes from the fact that they were used as working dogs in the Labrador Sea, and the “retriever” part comes from the fact that they started off as hunting dogs. So did Ginger, but she’s kinda lazy and isn’t very good at it. They also make great search and rescue dogs. If you ever need some rescuing from a bad day, call up Gabby and Maddy Moore for a spa day with Ginger, as she goes once a month! What. A. Life.
This sweet girl will be featured in a TEDx talk next week so don’t forget to go say hi!
Fun facts about Ginger + Labrador Retievers
- She snorts when she’s happy
- Black, chocolate, and yellow labs can all come from the same litter
- Was the runt of her litter
- Labs make amazing family companions
- Her rib cage grew to its full size but her head and legs stopped growing at 9 months, so that’s why she looks like a “sausage”
- They are the most common breed used for guide dogs
- She loves salami