Check out this old soul, Lacce, Caroline Kozera’s Bichon Yorkie. Lacce, not Lacey, as it is spelt that way due to her Polish family’s way of spelling it. This gal is a nine-year-old Bichon Yorkie, but don’t let her age fool you. She’s just as energetic as the day the Kozeras adopted her 8 years ago from a shelter in Northbrook. Bishon Yorkies are basically toy-sized bursts of energy who are curious, independent, and fiercely loyal. Lacce is all of those attributes and more. This girl loves to act tough when anyone new comes into the house, but she’s really just a sweetheart!
Fun facts about Lacce and Bichon Yorkies
- She thinks she’s bigger than she is – once she stole our neighbor’s dog’s (2 black labs) bone that was the length of her and they were scared of her!
- Bichon Yorkies are great with kids!
- Was a surprise for her owner’s birthday (what’s better than a dog?)
- Loves to be tucked into bed with blankets and pillows
- Very easy to train
- Bichon Yorkies were originally bred in America