- 1½ cups semi sweet chocolate chips (I like Pascha)
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil, divided
- 1½ cups white chocolate chips, with cocoa butter
- 4 teaspoons peppermint extract
- ½ cup crushed peppermint candy
- Place waxed paper in a 13×9 baking dish. Leave enough waxed paper along edges to lift peppermint bark from baking dish later.
- Add dark chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon coconut oil to a medium glass bowl.
- Heat in microwave for about 1 minute (If not melted, heat in 30 second increments until it is melted.)
- Remove from microwave and stir until smooth.
- Add 2 teaspoons peppermint extract to melted dark chocolate and stir until well-combined.
- Pour the chocolate into the prepared baking dish and place in the freezer until hardened, approximately 3 minutes.
- Repeat the same process with the white chocolate chips. Remove baking dish from freezer and spread white chocolate over dark chocolate. Sprinkle crushed peppermint candies over white chocolate and return to the freezer until firm (approximately 3 minutes.)
- Remove from freezer and pull waxed paper from baking dish. Break peppermint bark into pieces. Place on a dish, in a tin, or in bags for gift giving!